7 more weeks til Christmas!
Isn't this time of year suppose to be fun and relaxing? A time of gathering with friends and family, sharing memories, and eating venison around the fire?
Instead, for many of us, it's hectic and crazy. If you're a student, you're probably preparing for exams. If you're in sales, you're giving it one last push to meet your goals. If you're a trainer, you're getting the gym ready for everyone's "2 month" new year's resolution. And if you're not one of the above, you're running around on black Friday and the days before Christmas doing your last minute shopping! On top of that, we have work, we deck the halls and house with decorations, bake cookies, send Christmas cards and have 27 holiday parties to attend.
Isn't this time of year suppose to be fun and relaxing? Why not give your mind, body and muscle a little break from all the hustle and bustle?
1. weaken your Immune System (increasing your chance to get sick)
2. increase Muscle tension (this is a protective reflex to stress which can cause muscle aches and pains....and subluxation)
3. affect the Respiratory System (making it harder to breathe)
4. disrupt Cardiovascular function (leading to heart failure, blood pressure problems, migraines and more...)
5. alter Endocrine function (causing more "stress chemicals" - cortisol, adrenaline, insulin, catecholamines, etc - produced by endocrine glands such as the adrenals and pituitary gland.
6. cause Gastrointestinal problems (causing acid reflux, problems digesting food, etc)
7. cause Reproductive problems (in men, chronic stress response can effect testosterone production, sperm production and maturation, erectile dysfunction, sterility. In women, chronic stress response can effect weakened sex desire, painful periods, irregular menstrual cycles, hot flashes, etc.)
Welcome to The Wellness Pointe's natural health blog.
Review our posts and join the conversation by commenting or sharing with the community.