Take YEARS off your LIFE?? Just keep exercising the WRONG WAY!
1. Running 5 minutes per day can reduce an individual's risk of premature death by about 3 years.
2. Researchers found that people who ran less than an hour per week also saw an increase in lifespan, not just a decrease risk of premature death.
This study took place over the course of 15 years, testing participants ranging in age from 18-100. Separate research found that running more than 20 miles per week could take years off an individual's life, providing further evidence that less can be more with regard to exercise.
So what's the best way to add years to your life?
Chiropractic. Anti-inflammatory food. Positive thinking & High Intensity/short duration workouts!
Instead of continuous movement for 30 or more minutes, as is typical for people who walk, jog, run or cycle.... High intensity/short duration workouts will usually involve 30-60 seconds of exercise near the peak of your ability and then followed by a recovery period of walking or resting and then repeat for a total of 12-20 minutes, 5 times per week.
*The key is to get your heart rate up as much as you can and then let it get back down (heart rate variability -- see our facebook page for a note on HRV).
Why does this increase your lifespan?
1. Increases ability to use oxygen -- cancer HATES oxygen
2. increases ability to use insulin -- lowering blood sugar is one of the keys to lowering inflammation -- chronic disease, like diabetes.
3. researches have proven that pushing the body to it's limits for brief periods of time, with periods of rest is better than moderate, continuous exercise at improving cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic and mechanical functions of the body.
What if you love long runs or aerobic 60 minute exercise classes??
1. Take curcumin daily to help decrease inflammation as well as Omega Guard and Vivix.
2. Alternate workouts: Example
Monday: long run/aerobic class
Tuesday: high intensity/short duration
Thursday: long run/aerobic class
Friday: high intensity/short duration
Welcome to The Wellness Pointe's natural health blog.
Review our posts and join the conversation by commenting or sharing with the community.